You're Never "Too Young" to Be Adjusted
As the nervous system controls all function in the body, it's very important for children to get a good start in life by optimizing that function, starting with the sometimes negative effects of the birth process itself, including:
- Mal-presentation of the baby in the birth canal
- The effects on the skull and upper neck during forceps delivery (subluxation)
- The effect of vacuum-extraction devices on the skull of the baby
- Pulling, tugging, or twisting on the vulnerable neck of the newborn
Babies that start out with gentle chiropractic care have the best chance of having the best life possible. We strongly recommend that newborns be checked as soon as possible for spinal misalignments. It can make all the difference in the world in your child's development!
Regularly Adjusted Kids Are Ahead of the Game
If you're a parent, you can testify to the many bumps, bruises, scrapes, concussions, and broken bones that children are prone to!
These physical impacts have a cumulative effect on the body and can result in physical or behavioral symptoms that often seem unrelated.
Here are the top four conditions that we commonly see in newborns and toddlers with spinal misalignment:
- Nursing or feeding difficulties
- Otitis media: chronic ear infections
As the child grows and the spinal subluxations remain, there are many other symptoms that can manifest:
- ADD or ADHD
- Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Headaches or migraines
- Sensory disorders
How Often Should My Child Be Adjusted?
Here are some basic guidelines for parents to follow:
- The first two years: have your child checked once every three months
- Ages two to five years: bring your child in once every month
- Ages six and up: have your child checked once every other month
For the best chiropractic pediatric care in Miami, FL, contact us today!